The SEESOX Diaspora Working Papers series is a forum for research and debate about migration and diaspora in Greece, the Southeast Europe and beyond. It involves academic and policy relevant research and provides quick-turnaround publication of research papers, theoretical discussions and policy papers by scholars whose research focuses on diaspora issues. The proposed working papers must contain original, unpublished research in progress and upon submission will undergo an internal peer-review process.
To submit a paper, you may send a manuscript of 5000 to 10,000 words (including footnotes but excluding references) to email@example.com. Your paper should be compiled in the following order: title page; abstract; keywords; main text; acknowledgments (if applicable); references; appendices (as appropriate);
Title page Abstract and keywords
The title page should include the full title of the paper, the full names of authors, their affiliations, and their email addresses. Use bold for your title, with an initial capital letter for any proper nouns.
The next page should contain an unstructured abstract of 200 words and up to 5 keywords.
- Please use the APA Citation format and the British (-ise) spelling style consistently throughout your manuscript.
- Main text: the main text should be on Calibri font, size 12, justified alignment, 2,5cm margins, 1.15 spaced. You should use indentation to indicate a new paragraph (press the ‘tab’ button once).
- Headings: The system of headings and sub-headings should be kept as simple as possible. Please indicate the level of the section headings in your paper as follows: main headings should be in bold with an initial capital letter for any proper nouns and sub headings should be in italics, with an initial capital letter for any proper nouns.
- Numbers: use words for numbers up to and including ten and numerals for 11 upwards. Insert a comma for thousands and tens of thousands, e.g. ‘1,000’ and ‘10,000’ and use million or billion for large numbers rather than many zeros, to follow numerals
- Figures and tables: figures and tables may be either in the text, or on a separate page in the Appendix. These must be high quality (600 dpi for grayscale and 300 dpi for colour), placed within the paper’s margins and supplied in JPEG. Each figure and table should be preceded by a caption
- Quotation marks: please use single quotation marks for quotes. For quotes within quotes use double quotation marks.
- Longer quotes: display quotations in excess of 40 words as indented paragraphs (indented from both sides). There should be a line above and below the extract and there should be no quotation marks
- Footnotes: to include additional relevant information please use Footnotes and not endnotes. Try to keep footnotes to a minimum.
- References: all references should be listed on a separate page at the end of the paper.